[BULK] - [Histonet] Working with toenails

Fred Underwood funderwood <@t> mcohio.org
Wed Oct 27 11:44:11 CDT 2004

I've not tried it on frozens.  However, I have stained paraffin sections
that have not been heat fixed, only air dried at room temperature.  The
sections stay on the slides suprisingly well.  It is probably worth the
effort to try it on frozen sections.

Fred

>>> "Robyn Vazquez" <vazquezr <@t> ohsu.edu> 10/26/04 05:14PM >>>
Fred,
Titebond would work on frozen tissue as well?

Robyn
OHSU

>>> "Fred Underwood" <funderwood <@t> mcohio.org> 10/26/2004 9:41:36 AM >>>

Liquid fabric softener works well.  My ice tray is actually a frozen
block of 0.2% fabric softener.  I have mentioned this before, but I
have
found titebond (a commercial wood glue, use a 5% solution) is the
"bomb"
for adhering hard tissues to slides.

Fred

>>> "Joe Nocito" <JNocito <@t> Pathreflab.com> 10/26/04 09:45AM >>>
Hey everyone,
short story first. When I was in high school, I was a running back in
football (American football, not soccer). I quit because the middle
line
backers and defensive ends were twice my size and I was getting
killed.
    Stay with me just a bit longer. I promise this will be worth
it.
    I didn't realize that I could have been a place kicker or a
punter. I could
have been known as "Joe the Toe".
Now, we are becoming the south Texas lab known for toenails, but we
are
having a problem with them staying on. We also perform a PAS/Fungus.
We
have
tried Nair and ammonia water, but we are still having problems. Our
sales
manager is going to all the podiatrists in town and we are getting
inundated
with toenails. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
    This isn't what I had in mind when I said I wanted to be known
as "Joe the
Toe".
    thanks in advance.

Joe  "The Toe" Nocito, BS, HT(ASCP) QIHC
Histology Manager
Pathology Reference Lab
San Antonio, TX