[Histonet] Bone suture staining

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> Stowers-Institute.org
Tue Oct 26 11:28:49 CDT 2004

Tricia,

I ask questions a lot and don't get answers.  Either we're trying stuff
nobody does, trying something someone else wants to publish, or perhaps
the person with the answer has temporarily unsubscribed to avoid the
dreaded "out of office" loop!

At any rate, have you thought of doing a trichrome stain?  Or maybe an
iron hematoxylin counterstained with alcoholic saffron or metanil
yellow?  I don't know if that would pick it up, but if you have some on
hand, drop a slide in and see what you get.  Bummer is the bone usually
will stain the same color as the connective tissue....

Teri Johnson
Managing Director Histology Facility
Stowers Institute for Medical Research
1000 E. 50th St.