[Histonet] eosin in 95%

Joe Nocito JNocito <@t> Pathreflab.com
Mon Oct 25 14:46:47 CDT 2004

Joanne,
we put about 30 mLs of our regular staining eosin in our first 100% alcohol.
We used less, but my embedders thought it was too light still.

Joe Nocito, BS, HT(ASCP) QIHC
Histology Manager
Pathology Reference Lab
San Antonio, TX

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Joanne
Mauger
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 11:06 AM
To: ctsblack <@t> capeheart.uct.ac.za; histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] eosin in 95%

Dear list,
Those of you who use eosin in your 95% etoh on the processor-what exactly do
you use? The ready to stain eosin, or more concentrated? I remember someone
writing that they put it in the first 95,correct? We need to stain our tiny
gi bxs to better see them when embedding and cutting. Any tips are
appreciated.
Jo

>>> "Melanie Black" <ctsblack <@t> capeheart.uct.ac.za> 10/21/04 02:28AM >>>
>I have also had rod-like crystals in my Alk phos/NBT system. I have
>shown them to the company rep, who has no idea what they might be.
>With so much written about it here...I think DAKO should sit up and
>take a look.

Melanie Black

--
Cardiovascular Research Unit