[Histonet] Microwave retrieval new question

Connie McManus convmcm <@t> cc.usu.edu
Thu Oct 21 09:21:05 CDT 2004

I find this all interesting as my pathologist has suggested that I try
the MW for our AR procedures.  We were thinking about using it for
proteinase K rather than using a citrate buffer or Tris.  I would assume
that the temp would be very important to control with the enzyme. So...
  For those of you who do MW AR, would you mind sharing your procedure?

Thnks bunches!!  *G*

Connie McManus
Utah Veterinary Diagnostics Laboratory
Utah State University
Logan, UT
Phone:  435/797-1891
fax: 435/797-2805
email: convmcm <@t> cc.usu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Weems,
Joyce
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 5:15 AM
To: marjorie lehman; Amos Brooks; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Microwave retrieval

We were fortunate enough to have some left over capital dollars and have
purchased the new Biogenex Retreival Microwave. It is wonderful - saves
lots of time and gives consistency in staining! The only thing we would
change is to be have smaller containers for instances when we have just
a few slides to retreive. But we think its a winner for those of you are
looking to purchase it.

Cheers,
Joyce