[Histonet] RE: Controls for Immunos fixed in B-Plus

Bryan Hewlett bhewlett <@t> cogeco.ca
Wed Oct 20 10:23:45 CDT 2004

Joyce,

In short, YES!
GLP and NCCLS IHC guidelines indicate that tissue controls should be fixed
and processed in the same way as the patient tissue.
You should make your own comparisons regarding IHC performance on B-Plus
fixed material vs your routine fixative.

Regards,

Bryan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Weems, Joyce" <JWEEMS <@t> sjha.org>
To: "Weems, Joyce" <JWEEMS <@t> sjha.org>; "Histonet"
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 9:05 AM
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Controls for Immunos fixed in B-Plus

> I haven't heard from anyone! Let me ask again.
>
> Thanks,
> Joyce

patient tissue? If so, how does it compare to formalin or B-5?
> Thanks in advance. j
> And happy weekend to everyone! j
>
> Joyce Weems
> Pathology Manager
> Saint Joseph's Hospital
> 5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
> Atlanta, GA 30342
> 404-851-7376 - Phone
> 404-851-7831 - Fax
>

> Confidentiality Notice ** The information contained in this message may be
privileged and is confidential information intended for the use of the
addressee listed above. If you are neither the intended recipient nor the
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer.