[Histonet] Acid cleaning slides

Greg Dobbin dobbin <@t> upei.ca
Tue Oct 19 10:12:33 CDT 2004

Hi Janice,
I certainly may be corrected on this, but I don't believe your "Plus"
slides will be "Plus" slides anymore if you acid wash them. I would
think that an acid wash would remove the positive charge from the
slides.

A few years ago, when I was coating/charging my own slides, I
would acid wash and alcohol dry regular glass slides prior to
treatment with Poly-L Lysine or Silane (APES). The acid wash
helped remove any oily film that may have accumulated on the
slides in storage, that might have interfered with proper coating
of the Poly-L or APES.
Greg