[Histonet] alternates to OCT embedding media

Marshall Terry Dr, Consultant Histopathologist Terry.Marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk
Tue Oct 12 10:03:42 CDT 2004

What is this stuff made from?
It always reminds me of wallpaper hanging gel - something like "Polycell" in England.

Dr Terry L Marshall, B.A.(Law), M.B.,Ch.B.,F.R.C.Path
 Consultant Pathologist
 Rotherham General Hospital
 South Yorkshire
 England
        terry.marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Robyn Vazquez [mailto:vazquezr <@t> ohsu.edu]
Sent: 12 October 2004 15:58
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Histonet] alternates to OCT embedding media

TBS makes a embedding media, but OCT is better.  If you are like me and
constantly using the media during surgery, TBS bottle is much harder to
squeeze, as in comparison to the OCT bottle.  And the quality of OCT is
better.

Robyn
OHSU
Portland,OR

>>> Kim Merriam <kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com> 10/12/2004 7:44:17 AM >>>

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of alternates to OCT-brand
cryo-embedding media.  I know that there are other brands of the stuff,
but it is my understanding that they are all basically made out of the
same thing.  Does anyone know of any other media that is used to prepare
frozen blocks?

Kim Merriam
Novartis
Cambridge, MA