[Histonet] 4% PFA (Carcinogenic?)

Pamela Marcum pmarcum <@t> polysciences.com
Thu Oct 7 09:46:03 CDT 2004

Paraformaldehyde is the powder form of Formaldehyde so the rules for both
are to be carefully considered and compared.  We have many things we work
with daily in Histology or any laboratory that are known or suspected
carcinogens and should be handled as such.  Always read your MDSD paperwork
with new products or applications for warnings.  It is wise to periodically
look at standard products for as we sometimes become complacent and forget
the dangers.

Best Regards,

Pamela A Marcum
Histology/Microscopy