[Histonet] Elution reagent for Double Staining

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Tue Nov 23 09:38:59 CST 2004

Talk to Chris van der Loos - he has done this and actually feels this does
NOT work very well.  There are other ways to get excellent results with
double IHC and not use elution.  He can be reached at "C.M. vander Loos"
<c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl>.  There are problems with elution.  One is the
antibody is bound so strongly to antigen, it will not elute.  Another
is  damage to antigens with elution reagents.  Chris is a master at double
staining and taught this in Toronto this past year - look for him to do
this again in Fort Lauderdale, NSH symposium 2005 - he did discuss elution
and how to get around it.

A good visit with him may help you with your double staining.

At 07:33 AM 11/23/2004, you wrote:
>Anyone out there willing to share what they use for elution reagent during
>double immunostaining using peroxidase and phosphatase systems
>together?  I have looked and gotten a variety of answers, I would like to
>know what actually works for people.  Thanks in advance -
>

>Amy S.Porter, HT(ASCP)
>Michigan State University
>Department of Physiology
>Division of Human Pathology