[Histonet] Average cutting of blocks

Yolanda Maldonado sagitalcuts <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 15:58:07 CST 2004

Hello everyone:
This is a question for lab managers and supervisors
I would like to know what would be an average number of blocks that a Histotechnician can handle on a 7 hour working day; from embedding to coverslipping (only coverslipping is done on machine) Has anyone done a study on this?
I should say that my lab works mostly with animal tissue of which, 50% is complete mice necropsies (i.e. small pieces of tissue -sometimes up to 6 organs in one cassette), the rest is usually only one piece of tissue per cassette. One H&E/cassette
I would appreciate any input on this.
Thanks in advance
Patricia Maldonado HT (ASCP)
MSKCC