[Histonet] Agitation of cassettes

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Fri Nov 12 11:36:16 CST 2004

I too have always processed most of my tissue by hand (usually bone) and
swear by using a shaker for all steps, fixation, decal, etc.  For mass
processing using a tissue processor mine has a stir bar at the bottom of
the tank and I do choose vacuum when ever possible.
Patsy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Molinari, Betsy
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 6:08 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Agitation of cassettes

Hi Fran,
Happy Friday to you! We do put our cassettes on a shaker. I work in a
research lab and have the luxury of time (well, most of the time I do)
to do so. I usually just keep the cassettes on overnight. I always put
my decals on a rotator or shaker it cuts my decal time by quite a bit. I
do not have a publication, but I am someone on this site will! Betsy
Molinari HT(ASCP) Texas Heart Institute Cardiovascular Pathology
Houston,TX 77030 832-355-6524