[Histonet] Sections falling off slides

Favara, Cynthia (NIH/NIAID) cfavara <@t> niaid.nih.gov
Thu Nov 11 10:02:13 CST 2004

If you are not drying over night gland do not have time constraints give
that a try!

Cynthia Favara
NIAID/NIH/RML/LPVD
903 South 4th Street
Hamilton, MT 59840
406-363-9317

Disclaimer:
The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is confidential
and may contain sensitive information. It should not be used by anyone who
is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in
error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other
storage devices. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases shall
not accept liability for any statements made that are sender's own and not
expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives

-----Original Message-----
From: mkundu <@t> purdue.edu [mailto:mkundu <@t> purdue.edu]
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 6:23 AM
To: Brian Dias; Histology Net List Server (E-Mail)
Cc: Ramos-Vara, Jose A.; Van Alstine, William G.
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Sections falling off slides

Hi ,

I am trying to save the thin section of  biomaterial from falling off in
antigen retival steamer technique.

I am using positive charged superfrost slides and I am doing regular
microtomy with paraffin blocks .
Is there any thing else I can do in addition to prevent from falling?
The sections are very small.

Any suggestions to improve are welcome.

Thank You
MK