[Histonet] Immuno Artifact?

Gareth Davis mrsgbd2001 <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 12:21:33 CST 2004

Looks to me like it wasn't probably dehydrated, and those are water bubbles.
Gareth

jason m <kosmicdog <@t> hotmail.com> wrote:
Can anyone identify the cause of this black circle artifact? It is small
black circles that look sort of like air bubbles only much too small which
have been turning up on my immuno's this week. I have changed all solutions
but still have the problem. Our lab uses toluene instead of xylenes, I am
wondering if that is the problem. Also I use Tween-20 in my citrate buffer
and I wonder if that could be the problem. At any rate I will be checking
both of these but if anyone can help It will be appreciated immensely. I
have sent a photograph of the artifact to the the list serv image archive
(see link below) under the filename "artifact.jpg".

http://www.histonet.org/site_images_frame.asp

Thanks again,
Jason