[Histonet] Question for those with private histo labs

Elizabeth Chlipala lizchlipala <@t> premierhistology.com
Fri Nov 5 17:07:52 CST 2004

Jim

I too own a histology lab. I have liability insurance through The St.
Paul.  My insurance broker is IMA, which is a large national firm.  I
did struggle a bit before I obtained insurance.  I am required to have
liability insurance for the clients in which I do animal work for, and
because I lease space at the University of Colorado, but I always
thought that liability insurance was important to have.  I am a member
of the Colorado BioScience Association and through them I was able to
get a contact for someone who would provide me insurance.  Your state
should have some Bioscience association which participates in Bio
(Biotechnology Industrial Organization).  I found that once I joined
that it helped me get in contact with the people I needed to.  As far as
I know of there are only a few insurance providers such as The St. Paul
and Chubb who will insure companies like us.  Have your agent call give
them a call or try to contact a larger National Broker. Also just to
tell you my insurance was not that expensive - around $3500.00 per year,
but that can change.  A new lab across the hallway from me was quoted
$10,000.00 from Chubb. Good Luck.

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
P.O. Box 18592