[Histonet] a much easier chemistry question

Jack England joeamateur <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 14:36:35 CST 2004

Aloha all,

Here's a much more fun chemistry question for anyone that wants to bite:
what is the best method to remove trypan/evans blue from cotton fabric?  One
of my colleagues got some on her pants the other day and asked what the best
way to get it out was.  I did not know, so I put some on cotton gauze, and
tried:

--acid alcohol...faded the stain a little, but didn't get rid of it
--DI water...no change
--absolute ethanol...no change
--xylene...no change
--ethanol/non-ionic detergent/DI water rinse...no change
--citrus oil clearant...no change

Given that her fabric is tan (and thus not white, and thus likely not
bleach-able), can anyone out there in histo-land suggest a way of
de-staining trypan-blue-stained fabric? I've been wondering about this for a
while now and figured I'd pass it around.

--Many thanks and aloha to all,
Jack England
Tissue Genesis, Inc.
http://www.tissuegenesis.com