[Histonet] Timm silver sulphide method...

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Thu Nov 4 12:09:44 CST 2004

For insoluble metal-containing deposits, yes.
But the zinc in the brain is in solution
in certain synaptic vesicles. The zinc in
leukocytes and Paneth cells stays in place
after alcohol fixation and can be stained
with dithizone, which is a less sensitive
method than Timm's.
                    John Kiernan
                    London, Canada.