[Histonet] cracking jars

GUTIERREZ, JUAN juan.gutierrez <@t> christushealth.org
Mon Nov 1 15:36:51 CST 2004

I have found that if you use borosilicate glass jars, you get better mileage out of it.  They are the ones with the round seal at the bottom of the jar, and are also green-yellowish in color.

Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)
Histology Laboratory Supervisor
(210)704-2533

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.  Long live free speech!

-----Original Message-----
From: Walker/Langdon [mailto:karrie.langdon <@t> sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 3:31 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] cracking jars

Hi  histonetters!

In answer to Rita's question:  I sure have had problems with cracking coplin jars.  I'm trying to make a switch from microwave to steamer, but am being foiled by shattering jars.  I've been using the same basic approach as Rita.

Would love some imput,

Carrie Langdon, Ph.D.
Dept. Path. and Molecular Med.
McMaster University