[Histonet] exotic species/chief&parietal cells

Margaret Blount mab70 <@t> medschl.cam.ac.uk
Thu May 27 02:53:17 CDT 2004

Dear Sharon,

I remembered Harry Cook when you posted your question. He always had very
good transparencies when he gave his lectures and I thought he showed us
sections of just what you are looking for so I had a look through his
book:Histological Demonstration Techniques. Here are the methods he
mentions:

PAS-Toluidine Blue-Aurantia (Cook, 1962, Stain Technology 37, 317) and
Methasol Fast Blue-PAS-Alcian Yellow (Maxwell, 1963, Stain Technology, 38,
286). I haven't tried these, but if Cook recommended them they should be OK.

I attach the methods, but I don't know if you can still get all the
components.

Good luck anyway.

Best wishes

Margaret