[Histonet] SMI-32 troubles

Alexandra de Sousa zandra <@t> gwu.edu
Wed May 26 11:51:36 CDT 2004

Hello. I have trying to use SMI-32 as a marker in primate visual cortex for some time, and my results have been consistantly poor.  I get lots of background, and sparse, faintly stained neurons.  My sections are mostly immersion fixed so I use an antigen retrieval.  I have been using the Vector ABC method, has any one had better results with PAP or something else?  I would really appreciate any advice from people who have done immuno on primates, or have figured out ways to improve SMI-32 results!

Thanks!

Alexandra de Sousa