Fwd: [Histonet] exotic species/chief&parietal cells

Ian Montgomery ian.montgomery <@t> bio.gla.ac.uk
Wed May 26 09:36:57 CDT 2004

Sharon,
         Haematoxylin, Eosin Phloxine and Tartrazine is a nice stain for
these cells.
         Lendrum, AC (1947) J. Path. & Bact. 40. 399-404.
         If you cannot get the paper let me know and I'll e-mail the method.
Ian.

>Hi all
>We are looking at the gastric mucosa of the Cape Mole Rat and can not
>distinguish chief cells on the basis of morphology. There seem to be
>more parietal cells and we can not be sure of the chief cells. Is there
>a stain we can use to distinguish between these to cell types as the
>Hematoxylin & Eosin stain is not making this obvious.
>Thanks
>Sharon Marshall
>Dept. Human Biology
>University of Cape Town
>South Africa
>e-mail: marshall <@t> cormack.uct.ac.za

Dr. Ian Montgomery,
Histotechnology,
Graham Kerr Building,
Institute of Biomedical & Life Sciences,
University of Glasgow,
Glasgow,
G12 8QQ.
Tel: 0141 339 8855