[Histonet] ROOM TEMPERATURE RE: C4d antibody

yichao wu yichaowu <@t> hotmail.com
Tue May 25 19:50:59 CDT 2004

Dear Gareth,

Thank you for your attention. Yes I agree the monoclonal antibody A213 may
be not appliable on paraffin-embedded sections without pretreatment. I
immerse the sections in 88% formic acid/ddH2O for 20 minutes just at room
temperature. I think the extreme acid environment would help to uncover the
antigen. And I also tried other pretreatments such as digestion by 0.1%
typsin, heat pretreatment in citric acid and so on.But the signal did not
shown up.

However, I should mention that the fixation solution is also very important
besides the paraffin embedding. I wonder what kind of fixation solution you
use. Actually ours is a little different from normal 10% formalin even if I
suppose that sections fixed by 10% buffered formalin may be tried with
formic acid as well.

Besides, I use FITC-conjugated Rabbit-anti-mouse IgG as the secondary
antibody later in my experiment.And the fluorescence signals seem more
easier to be observed by the eye.

As a postgraduate student myself, I am not very experienced in the field of
immunohistology. However, I have get warm help from histonet. And  I do wish
to communicate with more histologists here.

Sincerely,

Yichao

Yichao WU, MD
Department of Medicine