[Histonet] IHC Cocktails: Can we charge multiples?

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Tue May 25 12:26:43 CDT 2004

What antibody cocktails are you referring to?  I would think that in
order to charge multiple antibodies in a "cocktail" you would need to be
able to discriminate the patterns of immunoreactivity for each antibody.
 For example, you should not be able to charge for two antibodies
performed on the same slide when they both yield cytoplasmic
immunoreactivity unless, of course, you use two different chromogens.
Personally, we should be doing everything within our power to reduce the
cost of health care; not make it more expensive.

Richard Cartun

>>> "Dawson, Glen" <GDawson <@t> Milw.Dynacare.co> 05/25/04 11:59AM >>>

All,

I recently attended a conference where I was informed that we can
charge for
mulitple antibodies when we do an IHC cocktail.  For instance; my
melanoma
cocktail has 3 different antibodies in it and we've always just charged
one
88342 for it, but could we charge 88342 X 3 for each of these that we
run?

I'm just wondering if anyone out there does charge for each antibody
in
their IHC cocktails and, if so, whether or not any problems arose from
the
practice.  Also, are there any references that say in black and white
that
this is all on the up & up?

Thanx In Advance,

Glen Dawson