[Histonet] slide disposal

Joyce Cline jcline <@t> wchsys.org
Fri May 21 12:06:33 CDT 2004

     Since the tissue is processed and sealed, we just throw them away
in our trash compactor. The compactor trash is hauled away to the
landfill. (Our slides have no patient name on the label)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
BRobert <@t> ameripath.com
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 12:08 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] slide disposal

How do you guys dispose of your histo slides after 10 years?

We are having them hauled away as biohazardous material and it seems
pretty expensive to me to do it this way but it seems that the main
reason for doing it is for confidentiality purposes as labels have the
patient's names on.

Anybody knows of a better way (less expensive) to do it?

Brigitte Robert
Histology Laboratory Manager
APMG Inc.
408-399-5050 ext 106