[Histonet] Mesenteric node with obvious tumor

Kapoor, Sue Sue.Kapoor <@t> uhsi.org
Fri May 21 10:24:39 CDT 2004

To any experts that can help, I'm posting this from my pathologist:

"We have biopsies of mesenteric node with obvious tumor, morphologically
compatible with a neuroendocrine tumor from pancreas, (patient has a mass in
the tail of the pancreas). Patient also has history of transitional cell of
bladder, which would not be a good histologic fit with the metastatic in the
node. CK7, CK20 and CEA are negative as is Chromogranin. I know CK7 and CK20
negativity is typical for lung small cell, but I can find no reference for
pancreatic neuro-endocrine tumors. The negative Chromogranin is also
puzzling, any ideas??"
Thanks much,
Dr. James Kranz

please reply to: