[Histonet] Cap inspection

Satterfield, Marirose marirose.satterfield <@t> MercyMemorial.org
Thu May 20 11:49:48 CDT 2004

Our hospital is having their CAP inspection in June. Upon going through our
checklist, I feel there are two question we do not have covered. We are a
small hospital and only do 1-2 autopsies a year. Could anyone let me know
what their facility does to meet the criteria for these two questions?

ANP.30100
Are the findings of the postmortem examination used for correlative
clinicopathological teaching purposes designed to enhance the quality of
patient care?

ANP.30575
Are autopsy findings that were clinically inapparent specifically documented
and communicated interdepartmentally?

Thanks for any help.
Mari Satterfield
Mercy Memorial Hospital
The above signature block is intended for identification purposes only and
does not constitute affirmation that a binding contract has been created via
this email communication unless expressly so stated within the body of the
email message.  Further, this message is intended for the use of the
that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt by law from disclosure.  If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any further
dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
me immediately.  Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.