[Histonet] p16INK4a

Taylor, Jean jtaylor <@t> meriter.com
Wed May 19 10:16:22 CDT 2004

The Pathologists I work for have requested that I purchase p16INK4a. I'd like to get an idea of which company most people order from and whether you use the monoclonal or polyclonal antibody.

Thanks,

Jean Taylor
Immuno Tech
GML
Madison, WI

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Blount [mailto:mab70 <@t> medschl.cam.ac.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 09:58
To: 'Smith, Emily'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Background Staining

Dear Emily,

That's a strange one. Have you titrated your secondary antibody
sufficiently? what blocking solution do you use? Have the slides
inadvertently dried out at any stage of the procedure?

These are a few thoughts that spring to mind. The other thing that I would
look at would be to try charged slides from another supplier, or try
Polysine or APES slides for comparison on indeed another batch of slides.
That's my 2 penny worth - maybe someone else will have something more
helpful to say and no doubt you have thought of some or all of these ideas
yourself.

Good luck.

Regards

Margaret