[Histonet] H&E stain problems

Connie McManus convmcm <@t> cc.usu.edu
Wed May 19 08:48:52 CDT 2004

fax: 435/797-2805

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Gill [mailto:garygill <@t> dcla.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 10:04 AM
To: 'Connie McManus'; 'Marshall Terry Dr,Consultant Histopathologist';
'Petia P Stefanova'; 'Megan Kear'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] H&E stain problems

You may have heard that classical music was composed by dead white
Europeans.  Well, Harris hematoxylin was composed by a dead white
American
(physician at Jefferson Hospital in 1904).  Gill hematoxylin was
composed by
a live white American.  So if you want to liven things up, go with
Gill's!

Gary Gill (one and the same)

PS -- No royalties involved, thanks to bad advice in 1972 from corporate
counsel for Johns Hopkins Medical School.