[Histonet] research charges

Diane M Nelson dmnelson <@t> iastate.edu
Tue May 18 13:03:49 CDT 2004

Hi Histonetters!
Our veterinary lab is in the process of up dating our research charges. I
would like to know what other labs/hospitals charge for H & E bone slides
and H & E eye slides. Currently we are charging, Bone: $19.00 for
decalcifying in 25% formic acid, process, embed, sectioning and H & E
stain. We are losing money on our larger bone projects. Our charges for
processing, embedding sectioning and H & E stain for eye slides is $9.00.
It also depends on the project rather or not we make or lose money. The
researchers do their own grossing of tissue. Any help would be greatly
appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Diane Gerjets
Iowa State University