[Histonet] Embedding Centers Feedback

Etheridge, Sandra AGF:EX Sandra.Etheridge <@t> gems8.gov.bc.ca
Fri May 14 12:55:51 CDT 2004

Hi, Jennifer,

I have worked in five different Histology labs in the past, most of which
were using Tissue Tek embedding centers probably older than myself.  That
says something about Tissue Tek's reliability, etc.  I have also worked on
the new Leica model, but we didn't like the layout as much.  It also only
had one block warming tray, but some of the techs liked the foot pedal
option. Some techs also thought the programing was confusing.

I have worked on the new Tissue Tek model and think it is more versatile and
ergonomic.  Just my opinion.  I have ordered one for my current lab as we
need a second unit.

Hope this is helpful.

Sandra Etheridge
BC Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries
Animal Health Center, Histology
Abbotsford, BC
Canada