[Histonet] re zebrafish

Connie McManus convmcm <@t> cc.usu.edu
Mon May 10 14:47:39 CDT 2004

I agree that plastic is the way to go.  I wish with all my heart we were
doing plastic -- ANY kind, LRWhite, GMA MMA Whatever --- because it
really does make for the best morphology any eye has ever witnessed.

Wish wish wish wish...

Connie McManus
Utah Veterinary Diagnostics Laboratory
Utah State University
Logan, UT
Phone:  435/797-1891
fax: 435/797-2805

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Carl
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 10:20 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] re zebrafish

Concur with Connie!
I use several techniques...depending upon the requirements. Can be
frozen, pwax or GMA resin. I use a similar processing schedule to
Connie..., I use IMS, my xylene times are longer. If you want morphology
only, can't beat GMA( also works very well for whole-mount ISH- treated
embryos). NB yolk-sac can be a problem tho, with pwax IMHO

---