[Histonet] HT practical exam blocks and slides

Connie McManus convmcm <@t> cc.usu.edu
Mon May 10 10:34:13 CDT 2004

Happy Monday Morning, everyone!!!

I used to use Secureline markers, but I found sometimes the writing
comes off during deparaffinizing.  These markers are great when they
work right, but it's not at all great when the writing comes off.  I
pencil the case number on the slides, then apply a sticker label with
printed information after staining is completed. This works well for me
and I assume this is acceptable to the ASCP.

I'm interested in what the rest of you have to say about this, too.

Connie McManus
Utah Veterinary Diagnostics Laboratory
Utah State University
Logan, UT