[Histonet] cryo rat turbinates

Gareth Davis mrsgbd2001 <@t> yahoo.com
Thu May 6 17:17:35 CDT 2004

Hello,
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.  We have paraffin sections, but we were hoping that cryosections would work, because actually the cryosections looked better. But, we did discover that the slides we used were not as good as SuperFrost Plus.  We were told this by the vendor who sold us the slides, after she convinced us that they were just as good.  Oh well, you live and learn, it can be expensive - in money and work - but, we will not use those slides anymore.
Thanks, I will try the acetone/ethanol fixation on the cryosections I have, but I'm expecting good results.
The CryoJane looks interesting, but at the moment we are using another facilities cryostat, so we will have to wait until we have our own cryostat.
Thanks again,

Gareth Davis
Research Assistant
Tennessee State University