[Histonet] Grocott's Methenamine Silver Stain

Kathleen Roberts kgrobert <@t> rci.rutgers.edu
Wed May 5 14:15:50 CDT 2004

I am not sure how long they were in decal...but I supplied some of our
Fisher Scientific Cal-EX, which has hydrochloric acid and EDTA in it, to
the Rutgers vet who had this case of sneezing rats.  I did ask him how
long he decal'd them, but he doesn't remember either.

The chromic acid was freshly ordered as a 10% solution from LabChem,
Inc., which was then diluted down to 4% the morning I was to use it.

Thanks for your help!
Kathleen