[Histonet] Vacancy - Veterinary Histopathology UK

Spencer, S (Stephen) Stephen.Spencer <@t> intervet.com
Wed May 5 10:21:42 CDT 2004

Colleagues,

May I bring to your attention the following vacancy which has been created
by the relocation of our Houghton Lab to Milton Keynes.
Please contact me by phone or email for further details.

Stephen Spencer
Research Veterinarian
Intervet UK

01480 830009
________

Scientist - Veterinary Histopathology
Milton Keynes

Intervet International BV, part of the Akzo Nobel Group, is a highly
successful animal health company, currently the world's third largest. We
have nearly 5000 employees throughout the world, of which 750 are engaged in
research and development. Here in the UK, we are in the process of creating
one of the country's largest bacteriology and virology research centres,
which within the next 12 months will employ up to 80 scientists and support
staff.

The successful applicant will be an important member of the Biological
Services Department, providing histopathology support for our veterinary
research programme. Primary responsibilities will include the organisation
and running of the histopathology laboratory, including tissue processing,
microtomy, cryotomy, routine and special staining, immunohistochemistry and
light microscopy. This will involve planning and scheduling laboratory
activities in consultation with Project Managers and in response to project
demands.

We are looking for a scientist who has histopathological experience and
possesses a good working knowledge of relevant laboratory techniques.
Self-motivation and good organisational skills are essential. Previous
experience of working in an environment compliant with the principles of GLP
would be advantageous. Knowledge or an interest in pathology associated with
avian and animal diseases would be desirable, but is not essential.

This position is based at our newly refurbished facility in Milton Keynes.
We offer a highly attractive benefits package, which includes a competitive
salary, private healthcare cover, contributory pension scheme and life
assurance as well as on-site sports and social facilities. CPD participation
is actively encouraged.

For further information and an informal chat about this role, please
telephone Stephen Spencer, on 01908 665050. If you wish to apply for this
position, please telephone our Human Resources department on 01908 685216
for an application pack. Closing Date: 19th May.

Only applicants with the right to live and work in the UK will be considered
for this position and proof may be requested.

_________________________
Stephen Spencer
Research Veterinarian
BSD - Intervet UK
The Farm

Tel; 01480 830009

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy, forward
and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without permission of
the sender.