[Histonet] Mouse and rat injured spinal cord - polyester wax

Rebecca Nishi rnishi <@t> uci.edu
Tue May 4 10:19:04 CDT 2004

Has anyone used polyester wax embedding for mouse or rat injured spinal
cord. We would like to use a low melt wax instead of paraffin or plastic to
preserve some of the antigens we are interested in, but we also are
interested in doing stereology, so we want consistent and a complete set of
sections. Also, the injured area poses many problems for sectioning.

Does anyone have any tips for cutting and staining with this wax? I am going
to use a rotary microtome.

Thanks Rebecca