[Histonet] Fixation for lectin work

Pablo Sánchez Quinteiro psanquin <@t> lugo.usc.es
Tue Mar 30 15:35:03 CST 2004

John, I am glad to give you my input. It is constrained to my experience in
nervous tissue, testis and nasal cavity of mammals as well as in the brain
of fishes. I have got good results with Paraformaldehyde just in fishes.
Bouin worked superbly in any case. As Barry points there is huge variations
depending on the tissue, lectin and even on the species. For that reason I
counsel always to try the widest possible number of fixatives. Barry, on
what tissue did you do your study?

Regards

Pablo