[Histonet] AO 925 Knife sharpener

Don.Birgerson <@t> leica-microsystems.com Don.Birgerson <@t> leica-microsystems.com
Tue Mar 30 08:07:58 CST 2004

Hi Dr. Nakagawa,
      The AO925 came from Leica's old American Optical group. The 925, 903,
and 930 all used a selenoid to push the knife against the glass plate and
tended to move around the films. I am mailing a copy of the old instruction
manual. Wet abrasives are available to replace films. 14041819700 Coarse
Abrasive, 14041819701 Fine Abrasive and 14041819702 Hone Glass compound are
still available for the sharpeners. If you have further questions, please
feel free to phone me.

Don Birgerson
Leica Microsystems
Technical Assistance Center
Don.Birgerson <@t> Leica-Microsystems.Com
1-800-248-0123  ext 5918

                      Yasushi Nakagawa
                      <nakagawa <@t> umn.edu>                    To:       <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
                      Sent by:                              cc:
                      histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouth        Subject:  [Histonet] AO 925 Knife sharpener
                      western.edu

                      03/29/2004 04:20 PM

Hi
We recently bought a used AO925 microtome knife sharpener. We found that
the
sharpening kit that we used to use for other knife sharpener (PATHCO
Microtome knife sharpening kit, PA-2000) is not deep enough to accommodate
the back-and-forth movement of the base plate of AO925; the knife gets out
of the abrasive sheet during the sharpening process, which is not
acceptable. Does anybody know which sharpening kit (or abrasive sheets) fit
this microtome? And where can we buy them? We also did not get the manual
for the microtome. If somebody has it and can send it by email or by fax,
that would be great. Thank you.
Yasushi Nakagawa

--
Yasushi Nakagawa, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Neuroscience

Department of Neuroscience
6-145 Jackson Hall, 321 Church Street SE.
Minneapolis, MN55455
Phone 1-612-625-4497 (office), 1-612-626-0674 (lab)
Fax: 1-612-626-2553 (lab)