[Histonet] Goodpasture's carbol fuchsin stain

Bartlett, Jeanine jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Wed Mar 24 13:59:10 CST 2004

Do you think they meant the MacCallum-Goodpasture stain?

Jeanine Bartlett, HT(ASCP)
Centers for Disease Control
Infectious Disease Pathology Activity
1600 Clifton Road, MS/G-32
Atlanta, GA 30333

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Kathleen
Cormier
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 2:36 PM
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Goodpasture's carbol fuchsin stain

Greetings!

I have a researcher who is requesting a Goodpasture's carbol fuchsin
stain
on rabbit kidneys to stain protoza. (encephalitozoon cuniculi or the old

old name renal nosematosis). My research indicates giemsa and gram would
be
acceptable as well, but, I can find no reference for the Goodpasture's
carbol fuchsin. I have exhausted histonet archives and my histo books
here.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a procedure for the
Goodpasture's?
Thanks!!!

Kathy

DCM MIT