[Histonet] need help with IHC detection of human cells in mouse tissue

Garlits, John John.Garlits <@t> stjude.org
Sun Mar 21 13:38:19 CST 2004

Dear Andrea,

Thank you for your helpful suggestions!  I will try some of the things you mentioned very soon.

We use Regular Cal Immuno from BBC Biochemical, and it has not been a problem at least for the GFP staining we do.  I would like to try some other decal methods, but unfortunately I am quite short on time.

Do you mind if I ask, what primary antibodies have you used to detect human cells in mouse?  Beta-2-microglobulin is commonly used, which is why we started with that.  Are you aware of any others, ideally proteins with high uniform expression regardless of cell type?  I'm a little worried about the microglobulin, because I don't know if it will be expressed in osteocytes inside the bone in particular.  I had the thought of trying beta-actin, but so far I have not seen any antibody that would be specific to human vs mouse.  Maybe a nuclear protein, such as histones?

Thanks again,

John