[Histonet] mouse bone osteoblast IHC

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> colobio.com
Fri Mar 19 15:20:16 CST 2004

You can use osteocalcin, osteopontin or osteonectin (osteopontin and nectin
can be purchased from U of Iowa Hybridoma Bank, the osteocalcin from another
co. I can't think of right now ?something like Southern Biotechnologies????
do a search for the antibody) for osteoblasts, I used 5% formic acid decal
(Immunocal from Decal Chemicals comes premade and worked well for me)with
zinc formalin fixation and pepsin digestion with labelled polymer (envision)
detection.  Another way to label osteoblasts is by enzyme histochemical
method (alk. phosphatase) but it does not work well in my experience on
decalcified ffpe tissue, I used in on cold processed GMA embedded bone
without decalcification.
Patsy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Jan
Shivers
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 12:51 PM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] mouse bone osteoblast IHC

I am posting this for an MD not on the Histonet listserv; he is requesting
information on staining mouse osteoblasts using the IHC method.  (I have had
no experience with osteoblasts myself).

Does anyone know of an antibody source for detecting murine osteoblasts (or
one made against another species that will cross-react)?

What decalcification method is used on the bone samples?

Any complete protocols that anyone is willing to share would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks...

Jan Shivers
U of MN Vet Diag Lab