[Histonet] Background staining in EBER ISH

Yin Ping Lee ylee <@t> bccancer.bc.ca
Fri Mar 19 13:03:10 CST 2004

Hello, Histonetter:

We have done EBER ISH staining using the same protocol for months without
problem.  However, recently we encounter heavy background staining in
*	some of the runs (not all the runs) and
*	sometimes only some of the slides (not all the slides) in a run.

We do manual staining and use PNA probe, anti-FITC/HRP and DAB.  We checked
all the reagents and even measure the pH of the buffer and deionized water
but cannot find out what is going wrong.  Does anyone have the same
experience or know how to fix it?

Thank in advance for any help!

Yin Ping Lee
Histopathology