[Histonet] staining frozen sections

jason madore kosmicdog <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 11:29:09 CST 2004

We are having problems with staining our frozen sections. Slides which once
gave excellent morphology soon begin to loose their nuclei. The nucleus
looks empty or washed away leaving white holes where the nucleus was. We are
cutting the slides at -20. Storing at -80 wrapped in tin foil with
dessicant. Warm to RT for 30seconds and fix in cold acetone\EtOH for 5
minutes, wash in dH2O for 1 minute,  and then stain with hematoxilyn,
dehydrate, clear in xylenes, then mount. Does anyone know what could be
causing this?
Thanks. for any help.
Jason.

MSN Premium with Virus Guard and Firewall* from McAfee® Security : 2 months
FREE*