[Histonet] "Meat" Histology

Andrew Kennedy kennedya <@t> email.cs.nsw.gov.au
Tue Mar 16 15:01:07 CST 2004

Hi Histonetters,

You would be freaked out if you looked at a section of cabanosi under the
microscope - cartilage fragments everywhere, lots of artery and vein and
even pancreas and bowel mucosa....still tastes good with cheese and water
crackers though.
My brother was studying food technology and I recall him doing some DNA
testing on minced meats and sausages some year ago - beef mince and sausages
were found to have traces of horse meat in it and some supposed "halal" and
"kosher" meats actually had pork in them!

As an aside, some of the engineering/trades people that I know in our
hospital call myself and another colleague, "the butchers" due to the bits
of meat that are on the benches when they visit...

Andrew Kennedy
Senior Science Officer
Anatomical Pathology
Concord Repatriation General Hospital
Sydney, Australia

"noli illegitimi carborundum"

"This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Central Sydney Area Health Service."