[Histonet] slim jims and more

Diane Gerjets dmnelson <@t> iastate.edu
Tue Mar 16 13:46:32 CST 2004

Hi Steve,
One year for April Fool's Day, we put a piece of hot dog through the
grossing area as a joke for the pathologists. We were somewhat surprised to
find what they were made of. Mainly of fat, muscle and some sort of
vegetation. We also had a pathologist  who read the results of a research
project done with spam. It looked like they wasted no body parts. It was
disgusting. However, I was brought up eating hot dogs and spam, so I will
continue to eat them. It hasn't hurt me yet.

Diane Gerjets
Iowa State University
Collage of Veterinary Medicine
Ames, Iowa