[Histonet] Forcep Sterilization

Fred Underwood funderwood <@t> mcohio.org
Mon Mar 15 11:42:37 CST 2004

 A toothbrush or test tube brush works well to clean out the grooves of
the forceps.   Have a bucket with soapy water handy and change it as
frequently as possible.  4 out of 5 dentists recommend not re-using the
toothbrush on your teeth, however.
>>> <ThisisAnn <@t> aol.com> 03/13/04 08:52AM >>>
We are having a problem with carry-over at the grossing station.  We do
not
have a sink available and are presently dipping our forceps in ethanol.
 Is
there another solution we can use besides ethanol?  Does anyone have
any other
ideas as how to avoid this contamination issue we are experiencing?
Thank you
Ann Angelo