[Histonet] smooth muscle alpha actin antibody for mouse cells andmouse tissue?

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Mon Mar 15 09:52:32 CST 2004

With mouse on mouse IHC staining, have you tried the DAKO ARK kit?  We also
had less background using the Chemicon Mouse on Mouse kit, they will supply
you with a free sample kit, so be sure to ask for one.  Nice when a company
does that for us.

At 10:20 AM 3/15/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi everyone - I want to stain mouse tissues and smooth muscle cells in
>culture for alpha-actin.  Apparently clone 1A4 (mouse monoclonal) is
>quite popular, but my PI wants me to find an antibody from a different
>species (rabbit, for example) to prevent excessive background staining.
>Any recommendations?  And what dilutions do you use? Thank you!! - Jen

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor
Veterinary Molecular Biology