[Histonet] Slides and Food/Drink

Morken, Tim - Labvision tpmorken <@t> labvision.com
Fri Mar 12 10:49:00 CST 2004

The places I have worked have had screening areas separate from the lab and
were officially designated "clean" areas, so eating and drinking was ok. In
each case only a door separated these areas from the lab.

Tim Morken

-----Original Message-----
From: Rebecca Barnhart [mailto:RBARNHART <@t> summithealth.org]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 5:17 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Slides and Food/Drink

Our cytotech and pathologist both eat and drink while they are screening
slides.  Nothing has been said to this point.  Our pathologist's office is
not in the main lab, but the cytotech's office is the first office in the
main lab (but she has a door that closes and no other specimens every go in
either office, just coverslipped slides). Please keep us informed of any
information that you gather from this.

>>> "Deltour, Douglas D.(HM2)" <DDDeltour <@t> sig.med.navy.mil> 03/11/04
06:10AM >>>
Hello,
The hospital safety officer came through today and said that there should be
no eating or drinking while the cytologists screen slides. This is just a
screening room. Does anyone know the reference or instruction that states
this? Thanks

HM2(FMF) Douglas D. Deltour
Naval Hospital Sigonella Italy
Anatomic Pathology, Histology Supervisor (HT)
FROM US: 01139095564862 DSN: 624-4862
FAX FROM US: 01139095564680 DSN: 624-4680<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

This document may contain information covered under the privacy Act, 5 USC
552(a), and/or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (PL
104-191) and its various implementing regulations and must be protected in
accordance with those provisions. Healthcare information is personal and
sensitive and must be treated accordingly. If this correspondence contains
healthcare information it is being provided to you after applying the
appropriate security controls and authorization from the patient, or under
circumstances that don't require patient authorization. You, the recipient,
are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.
Redisclosure without additional patient consent or as permitted by law is
prohibited. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality
subjects you to application of appropriate sanction. If you have received
this correspondence in error, please notify the sender and the command
Privacy Officer at privacy <@t> sig.med.navy.mil at once and destroy any copies