[Histonet] custom antibodies

rocan <@t> mac.com rocan <@t> mac.com
Thu Mar 11 14:20:34 CST 2004

Jennifer,

We had very good service from ProSci. Here is their web site address.
http://www.prosci-inc.com/Antibody/Contact-Info.html

If you are going invest in peptides I recommend immunizing each rabbit
(or mouse) with at least three different peptides from your protein.
This will increase your chances of a good antibody and lower the cost.
You would need to analyze the protein sequence on a hydrophobicity plot
to find good candidates for antigenicity.  I am sure ProSci (for a
fee), can do this analysis as well.
Good luck,
Rocio