[Histonet] Processing "plastics" / resins

mark.lewis <@t> thermo.com mark.lewis <@t> thermo.com
Wed Mar 10 11:07:56 CST 2004

Good morning everyone !

Excuse my ignorance on this issue,but I have never processed or stained
tissues with resins such as Glycolmethacrylate or Methylmethacrylate. Do
you normally run the tissues through a clearing agent for processing and
staining? I didn't think you needed to except for the end of the staining
process. If you do use a clearant in any step of the process, can you use a
Xylene substitute like Shandon Xylene substitute ?

Thanks in advance for your replies !

Mark