[Histonet] AP substrates

Agripina Suarez asuarez <@t> mrl.ubc.ca
Mon Mar 8 16:45:44 CST 2004

Hi Nancy,
My favorite substrate for alkaline phosphatase is Vector Red from Vector Laboratories. You can read your results in both brightfield and darkfield. When viewing under darkfield microscopy, use filters for rhodamine.
Agripina

Agripina C. Suarez
McDonald Research Laboratories
iCAPTURE Centre, St Paul's Hospital
1081 Burrard St, Vancouver
B.C., Canada V6Z 1Y6
Tel no. 604 682 2344 local 62703
Fax no. 604 806 8351
>>> <Nancy.Walker <@t> sanofi-synthelabo.com> 03/08/04 6:48 AM >>>
Hello,

Looking for the best (most sensitive) substrate for Alkaline Phoshatase.

Heard great things about BCIP/TNBT but tried Chemicon's ready to use
liquid, and saw nothing compared to good old BCIP/NBT. I see Abcam has also
a ready to use BCIP/TNBT, and so does Moss Inc.  Does anyone have any
comments, or suggestions.

thanks,

Nancy Walker
Molecular Pharmacology